Depending on the purpose, technical soda ash is made of two grades: A (granulated) and B (powdered).
The use of soda ash (sodium carbonate).
Soda ash has a wide range of applications in technological processes of various industries, such as electronic, glass, pulp and paper, oil refining, chemical, petrochemical, metallurgical.
The main directions of use:
- production of various types of glass (crystal, electrovacuum, optical and medical glass, glass blocks, foam glass, “liquid glass”, etc.) and ceramic tiles;
- in soap manufacture;
- manufacture of synthetic detergents (washing and scouring powders);
- leather and cellulose treatment;
- obtaining ultramarine pigment;
- production of paints and varnishes (enamel, a component of frits for glazes);
- water softening of steam boilers and generally elimination of water hardness;
- degreasing of metals and desulfation of blast furnace iron;
- as a starting product for the production of sodium hydroxide, sodium hydrogen phosphate, borax, etc .
- processing of bauxite in the production of aluminum;
- waste gas cleaning;
- neutralization noun.